This project appears to have gone dormant. It will be removed from the list soon unless new activity is noted.
A functional programming language using LLVM
- Everything is an expression
- Values are immutable (can't be modified) by default
- Compiles down to super-tight machine code (thanks to LLVM) that's so fast it makes your mama faint
- Fully Unicode (Text type is UTF-32, source files are interpreted as UTF-8 and language symbols can be almost any Unicode character).
- Built on top of LLVM and thus generates LLVM IR
- Neat codebase with clearly separated components
- Tokenizer: Reads UTF-8 encoded text and streams Hue language tokens
- Parser: Reads Hue language tokens and streams Hue language structures
- Compiler ("codegen"): Reads Hue language structures and streams LLVM structures
- Runtime library: Provides a few select features like stdio access
- Contains a immutable persistent vector implementation inspired by Clojure that's pretty darn fast. Technically O(log32(n)) random access complexity, which is almost constant, which is awesome.
Information updated 06/05/13